Star Date – 1036.7.24

 Location – N,R4

We have 187 veggie packs, 12 bamboo packs, 198 tasty rocks, 89 meat packs, and 62 fuel.

It started as a quiet cycle so I decided to have the social today.

Mooington told me about a contract that was looking for skilled researchers that were also explorers.  There are a handful of reports of a very strange animal on an unsurveyed planet at R5,R8.  He felt that we’d be a great ship to handle that research.  I thanked him for letting me know and promptly secured the contract.

The Oatchasers and Yuna’s crew have been studying navigation after watching us travel around.  They’ve also been looking at charts of the area and have identified a way to save fuel with a couple of small boosts.  I thanked them both and let Slash and Terranova know.

Zelda let me know that another of her friends is on Unity and needs transport to R5,RJ.  They’re a weird character and may require careful handling.  Zelda appreciated how we’ve handled her mess enough that she wants us to help this friend.  After careful consideration I agreed.  This passenger will want actual accommodations so I’ll need to install a passenger bunk on the larger ship we’re getting on Unity.  We’ll also need to stock a special radiation that mimics sapient pleasure, so… creepy little not really a vegetal alien?  Manageable.  Zelda and Link have been good friends, so I’ll take the risk.  Besides they will be with us for at least the first part of the trip.

Calypso found the social rather annoying as they would rather be piping.

After the social I spent some time processing more of the samples to see if I can isolate the bacteria or algae that produce the more noxious smells.  I was able to finish another 15 observations.  I will probably be able to finish before we reach Unity which would be good, though it means no ship based research left.

Comments

Popular Posts